The following information is to be sought:
- Existence of conservation plans;
- Information on major aquatic habitats or sites within the country;
- Current major threats to species;
- Future potential threats to species;
- Contact(s) for further information.
|Geography and Climate
Alaska has millions of freshwater lakes, ponds, rivers, and streams. Several major rivers that originate in Canada cross Alaska before draining to the sea. Of these, the Yukon is the largest: it drains about 330,000 square miles and flows 2,300 miles from British Columbia to the Bering Sea. Alaska has 170 to 233 million acres of wetlands, roughly 70% of USA's total.
Ref. Armstrong, R.H., 1996
cfm script by , 23.12.02 ,
php script by , 28/03/08 ,
last modified by arepotente