TYPES OF INFORMATION ENCODED
- Types of Information Encoded
- Current scientific accepted names, and synonyms in the sources used
- Distribution by country (i.e., in their EEZ);
- Distribution by FAO area;
- Published references used (both hard copy and online).
Actively searched for:
- Common names in English and other languages;
- Distribution by province/state for large countries;
- Distribution by ecosystem;
- Distribution by depth;
- Maximum length and weight (unit of measure depends on the taxonomic group);
- IUCN and CITES status;
- Drawings and/or photos (some deep-linked).
- Trophic ecology: food items, diet, trophic level;
- Growth parameters, length-weight relationships;
- Reproduction: age at first maturity, fecundity.
Copyright ©2012 UBC Fisheries Centre & The FishBase Information and Research Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Page last modified 03/12/14