Create an online information system on marine species with the following priorities:
- Complete 200,000 marine species.
- Enter the Metazoa first
- Enter the plants last.
Short-term objectives (2012)
- Complete information on all important species
(commercially important/exploited, threatened, invasive, charismatic species).
- Increase the number of pictures for species in objective 1.
- Continue filling gaps for mandatory information for
(33.3% completed, 7 groups with 4,000 - 15,000 spp.): about 70,000 spp. and
Very large groups
(54.3% completed, 2 groups with 20,000 - 90,000 spp.): about 100,000 spp.
- Provide life history data at least for species in objective 1.
- Complete marine biodiversity list for island ecosystems, e.g., those prioritized by Global Ocean Legacy.
- Integration of trophic ecology suite of tables with FishBase.
Copyright ©2012 UBC Fisheries Centre & The FishBase Information and Research Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Page last modified 03/12/14