LINKS TO OTHER DATABASES
- Links to other databases
SeaLifeBase has established links with relevant data providers (as a policy, the websites linked are preferably those that mention their sources):
- GBIF and OBIS for occurrence point data;
- GenBank and GoBase and BOLDSYSTEMS for genomic data;
- CISTI, FishLit, Google Scholar, PubMed, Scirus, Zoological Record (ZR) and GoogleBooks for publications;
- Species 2000, Tree of Life, ITIS, WoRMS, ION (ZR) and GNA for taxonomic classification and nomenclature;
- FAO catch and aquaculture statistics;
- GROMS for migratory species;
- Google Image for web-published picture search;
- Global Species Databases (GSDs): CephBase, AlgaeBase, FishBase, Hexacorallians of the World, Avibase;
- Regional Species Databases (RSDs): IABIN, ERMS, Malacolog, CLEMAM with special emphasis on the country-based ones;
- IUCN for Red List status and CITES and UNEP/WCMC for environmental and conservation information
The SeaLifeBase website was made public in November 2008. It was structured using the FishBase web interface. The page uses common names as well as scientific names as keywords to get to the species summary page. The species summary page provides basic information on the species as well as pictures, maps and links to other databases. Click here to go to the SeaLifeBase search page.
Maps are now provided using Aquamaps and data from the Sea Around Us Project.
Copyright ©2012 UBC Fisheries Centre & The FishBase Information and Research Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Page last modified 03/12/14